07791 447 305 
Hello guest
Your basket is empty
A Wet Weekend 
A frantic rush to get the RD350 YPVS repaired from the crash at the previous round and also for Andrew to get back to full fitness. Both seemed to be done just in time and it was off to Snetteton for the 3rd round of the Yamaha Past Master Championship with BMCRC.  
Some changes were made to the dry bike with some sponsorship picked up from Nitron so it sported a lovely new Nitron shock in the back. https://www.nitron.co.uk/ which was hoped would cure some handling issues experienced in Round 2 
Saturday race day came and unfortunately the heavens opened meaning all the work to get the dry bike back together was in vein as the wet bike was rolled out and the new shock would have to wait to be tried another time.  
With very little time on the wet bike and sketchy conditions Andrew didn't feel to comfortable in qualifying and eventually ending up 20th on the grid for race one.  
Race one saw Andrew gradually gaining more confidence in the wet bike and making his way through the field until a mis fire on the last lap brought the bike to a halt. Water in the works? Not this time, it was no petrol in the tank! Unfortunately a miscalculation on how much it would use around this fast circuit.  
Getting it back to the garage and oil leak was noticed, which turned out to be a crack in the crankcase. Some frantic use of chemical metal and some help from some good friends meant Andrew just made it out in time for race 2 
Race 2 Andrew lined up 11th. A good start and Andrew was up to 6th within a lap, and by lap 2 he was up to 3rd and matching the leaders pace., until touching a white line and getting put over the front of the bike. Andrew stayed on and opted to bring it home safely for a well deserved 4th place.  
Race 3 on Sunday and lining up 4th on the grid Andrew felt he had a strong chance of a good result. After completing the warm up lap, pulling back up the grid, the bike died, and with no chance of starting it, had no option but to walk it off the grid. Closer inspection after the race found the kill switch full of water. With this removed the bike started back up  
Race 4 was again starting at the back but due to oil on the track got red flagged.  
To summarize ,it was a mixed weekend with good results when luck went Andrews way. Now its off to get the a proper repair on the wet bike crankcases and some hope of dry weather to give the dry bike a run out soon.  
Mad Biker Designs 
Share this post:
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings